Sunday, May 29, 2011

Calgary Quilt Festival

Hi everyone!

Today I went to Calgary's Heritage Park to see this years Quilt Festival. Luckily the weather improved yesterday from the rain we'd been having, and today was warm and dry. Heritage Park is a recreated town as it would have looked at about the start of the 20th century.There is a Main Street with all the businesses, private homes, the church, a farm, and a railroad with a station and a steam train to pick up passengers. It is educational and great fun.

These are just a few quilts that caught my eye.

You can tell I like red, I like scrappy quilts,

And I love a bit of humour and whimsy!



The quilts were displayed in some of the buildings, outside along the roads, in some gardens, and in large tents brought in for the purpose. I took lots of pictures of colours, patterns and quilting. Then lastly I treated myself to the Merchants Mall. I think I was restrained, but I got some fat quarters and some half metres of batiks. A very enjoyable day!


Until next time,

Sue

1 comment:

  1. Yummy fabric Sue. Any plans for that yet? Thanks for showing the quilts...that owl one does look familiar! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you. Really!