Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Christmas Countdown

Time is speeding by, and I still have lots to do. I am making progress, what a relief!



My dear MIL's quilt is finished. It finished at a nice manageable size, 61" x 68", and I quilted it diagonally and with a swirly pattern on the border.




I made placemats for our Christmas dinner table. There are 6, 3 each of two designs. Really there should be at least 8, and if I have time...  They are large, 12" x 18", and there needs to be room for food on the table!




How are your Christmas plans coming?

Till next time

Sue

Linking to




WIP Wednesday at Freshly PiecedFresh Poppy Design

find it at http://http://needleandthreadnetwork.blogspot.com/



10 comments:

  1. HI, your MIL's quilt is really pretty. I'm loving all the quilted place mats I've seen lately. Your's will look great on your christmas table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the placemats but it is true, there has to be some room for the food.
    I have stockings to make and I really would love to make a Santa doll. Too little time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy week! I love the quilt - so pretty! and the Christmas placements are great and look to be a smart size, so many are too small and just disappear under the plate. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quilt and I also love the placemats, great job and good luck with your Christmas sewing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. great quilt and placemats! I have visions of making two tree skirts, a couple of table runners and stockings and finishing off a couple of quilts. I think the visions will probably just stay in my head lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The place mats will look so nice on your holiday table, I hope you get them all done in time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those place mats are lovely, good luck with finishing all of your Christmas quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mother in law is going to love that quilt! Beautiful! I love your placemats too. Those will be so nice to have Christmas morning! Why don't you link up to TGIFF!? Shanna @ Sparrow in Flight (http://ssparrowinflight.blogspot.com/) is hosting this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty pretty quilt for MIL! wow.
    Thanks for linking up with the canucks : ) I hope it brings extra traffic your way.
    ~Monika

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you. Really!