Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Paper Piecing is Possible!

This week I decided to try out a few blocks for my Bee, the  3 x 6 Mini Bee. It's not so Mini really, we make a block for 6 bee members over 3 months, 2 1/2 months with time for mailing. The blocks are our choice, and in each persons chosen colours.

I thought I'd try a paper pieced block, and since I'm new to paper piecing, the more practice the better!

Here's my first try:

Pretty simple to piece, not too many mistakes to rip out.

Next I tried this one:

This was more time consuming, but I like Circle of Geese to look at. The circular movement is fun. I made mistakes, you can see one in the middle at the bottom. More practice needed!

Today I'm going to try a third block, a different star, and see how it goes.

I finished the cushion cover, and tried it with a pillow form. The pillow form is too small, this is to get an idea of how it will look:

I did straight line quilting around the star and a meander on the border. The back is a green leafy fabric. I thought of Christmas fabric for the back, but decided it limited the cushion too much, and this way it could get more use. After I get the pillow form in 20" I'll get this sent off.

I also mailed the placemats and table runner, and finished binding on Shooting Star.

Linking to


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Lots of great projects to see here!

Till next time,

Sue

4 comments:

  1. What a great blocks! The colors are really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay...another convert to paper-piecing! Keep it up; those are some awesome blocks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, you'll be hooked in no time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you. Really!