Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I'm liking it better!

Yesterday's post was about my struggles with a scrappy Hunter Star quilt top. After a lot of anguish (yes, anxiety, anger and various other unhappy words!) I finally got to a stage where I was happier with how it was going.

After lots of rearranging, and more blocks made, here is how it looks today






It's on the wall in my bedroom, and I can lie in bed and see where there is too much of one colour and make the changes. I'm going to have to number every half block, cause I don't think I'd have the patience to set it all out again from the beginning!

This is 36 squares, I'm planning on 90. Well, it's a start!

Linking to
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
Lots to look at there!

Till next time,

Sue

4 comments:

  1. It's absolutely beautiful! These are the colors I plan to use for a winding ways quilt if I ever get up the nerve to start on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also take detailed pictures of my "final" layouts (in addition to numbering) just in case! I'm glad that you are liking it more... it's stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just take your time .... and drink lots of tea/coffee and eat chocolate.... dont help the sewing but makes you feel better xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful, Sue! You think you'll have it done in time for my birthday? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you. Really!