Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Finally a few finishes!

After taking a look at all my WIPs, I am really trying to have a few finishes.

One Advent calendar is nearly done. It's like bunting, and each day you undo the snap to get a picture.



I'm going to add Velcro fasteners on each side. Then each date can contain a very small treat , like stickers, without falling out the sides.

I finished a pillow cover.






One side is a picture done by my GD, printed onto fabric by Spoonflower. It's an underwater scene, so I quilted swirls around it.
The back is some of my collection of triangle scraps. It was surprisingly hard work to get it all put together and on point. I don 't think I'll be making a full size quilt like this anytime soon!

I finished the baby quilt and sent it on its way.


The backing is red Minky. I was worried about quilting it, but it turned out fine. It was more of a challenge putting on the binding. I love how soft the Minky is!








I'm pleased with my progress, now I just have to keep it up!


Linking to:

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
Till next time

Sue

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful baby quilt! I love how soft minky is too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love red and aqua together. What a lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you. Really!