Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Perennial Pleasures

Hi everyone!

Today is a gorgeous day and I've been out for a walk in the sunshine. Spring may be here at last!

This brings me to the subject of my Whisper Quilt blocks. This was an activity put on by my quilt guild, and it lasts the whole year. Did you ever play that children's game where a message is whispered person to person round a circle, and the last message is so different from the first? Well, the whisper quilt is like that. You get a look at what the person before you has made, and you interpret it in your own way and then show it to the next person on the list.

March was my month. The image I saw was of a bird, a tree and a bird's nest.

It got me thinking of spring and summer days on the deck, and what I like to see and do there.

After a lot of searching I found the Garden Party Blog Hop  hosted last year by Jennifer Ofenstein of Sewhooked.   Jen is such a talented artist of paper pieced blocks, and my Harry Potter Bookshelf is her design.

I found three great blocks among the garden party images, including Jen's own post, Perennial Pleasures, a pot of tulips with a glass of wine. Since my enjoyment of a summer day includes a book, I combined two of Jen's patterns to make the fourth block.

Whisper blocks for Sew Together


I plan to border the four blocks to make a cushion cover of about 22-24 inches square.



Linking to

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Till next time,

Sue

2 comments:

  1. These are great! I love the glass of wine and the bluebird (or a swallow?).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you. Really!