Tuesday, April 2, 2013

T-shirt Quilt

I can't believe it's a month since I posted. I've certainly been quilting, but there was less time to share about that with the adjustment of having a new baby in the house. Now we're settling down, so back on track.

I've got two main projects on the go right now.

First up is the Harry Potter Bookshelf. Here are a few favourite blocks:

DSC05141


DSC05140
                 

                                 DSC05142    

Actually, I love ALL the blocks! Paper pieced, and great experience. There are only 5 blocks to go, and then I start putting them together.

My other WIP is my son's concert T shirt quilt.

 I admit, I was nervous to cut into these. Some of them are 20 years old, and worn very thin.
 In preparation I read every tutorial I could find.

The center of the quilt is put together now. This was the hard, worrying part, constructing the different shapes and sizes into a large rectangle. Sigh of relief, it worked!  Now it's easier, all the rest of the logos are in 12 1/2 inch blocks surrounding the center. I'm going to sash them in different colours of Sketch. Hope I like the result!


                             T shirt quilt WIP

Linking to

WIP Wednesday at Freshly PiecedFresh Poppy Design

Till next time,

Sue

5 comments:

  1. What neat blocks and that little frog is so cute! I still have a box of t-shirts I need to make into a quilt.... Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun Harry Potter blocks. I love the frog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am working on the last of 3 baby quilts and they each had their share of jersey knit Tees and such. I found that by backing them all in interfacing helped TREMENDOUSLY to keep them all sturdy. I like what you have going with yours. The Sketch fabric is a nice manly background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that harry potter quilt is amazing! love the frog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool paper piecing! I am an paper piecing addict, soplease do not show more ;-) LOL
    Esther
    ipatchandquilt AT wordpress DOT com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you. Really!